References to the iconic movie include:
- A getting ready scene including the quote "one of the worst performances of my career and he never doubted it for a second"
- A valet calling for "Broderick, Broderick" like the famous classroom attendance scene.
- Broderick is caught next to his boss at a stop light, so he uses a panda bear to distract him
- A stare down between Broderick and a stuffed walrus, referencing the original scene in the art institute with the Georges Seurat pointillism piece, A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte
- A celebratory scene at the races, referencing the original scenes at Wrigley Field.
- Broderick singing in a Chinese parade while his frazzled boss just misses the news coverage while sitting in a bar, referencing the famous Danke Schoen scene
- It ends with the valet taking the CR-V for a joy ride, referencing when the original valet's take the Ferrari
We thought this commercial was a fun tribute to an iconic 80's movie and a great buzz generator ahead of it's airing during Super Bowl XLVI.
What other references did you find? Let us know in the comments!
Contribute to Commercialpedia: suggest commercials or propose edits.